Have you ever wondered how mature the different markets or Business Units of your organization are when it comes to key eCommerce Drivers? Have you even identified which are the eCommerce Drivers for your business, i.e. the most crucial topics on which to base your assessment of eCommerce maturity? Wouldn’t it be great to be able to gain this level of insight across an unlimited number of markets, just by completing a simple questionnaire?
This is exactly what eBusiness Profiling is all about: a simple, structured and consistent approach to measure the maturity of your organization’s eCommerce Drivers. You will not only get a detailed assessment for each one of those Drivers, but also some valuable insights and recommendations including easy fixes, as well as more medium to long-term improvements, which can really transform your business.
Understanding your eCommerce Drivers and measuring their maturity should always be the first crucial step for any large scale digital transformation effort. This is because it provides a clear picture across your entire organization, highlighting strengths and most importantly the opportunity areas to focus on. Only once you are clear about the existing capabilities, processes and structures, can you appropriately plan changes, such as:
Training programs and other capability building plans
eContent development programs
Organizational changes and re-structures
New process development and/or digitalization of current ones
- Identify your eCommerce Drivers i.e. the list of topics which define eBusiness success for your organization (e.g. Search, eContent, eRetailer Collaboration, Digital Media, Measurement etc.)
- Develop a list of measures for each eCommerce Driver, to be used in order to assess their respective maturity level
- For each of those measures, define what Basic, Intermediate and Advanced maturity level means
- Create your specific eBusiness Profiling Questionnaire and use it to define the maturity across all eCommerce Drivers for as many markets and/or Business Units as you want
- eBusiness Institute’s expert consultants will analyze all info and generate a final report, including maturity assessment and recommendations
- Leverage these insights to fuel a series of Digital Transformation actions for your organization
What does the eBusiness Profiling Tool look like?
They say a picture is better than a 1,000 words, but a video is an even better way to explain everything in just 30 seconds. Once the eCommerce Drivers for your organization have been identified, the creation of this tool will be quite straightforward and you will be able to start using it within a few weeks.
How does the Profiling Questionnaire work
It’s an elaborate and highly interactive excel file, built using Visual Basic to include a large number of automations and macros. This file registers all your answers, providing immediate access to a general overview/score across eCommerce Drivers once completed.
What will I get out of the Profiling exercise?
You will get a detailed summary by market / Business Unit, including the maturity level for each of the eCommerce Drivers but also insights and detailed recommendations from our expert consultants, included in the final summary.
How long does it take?
Timings depend on the final scope (number of markets and business units). However, for one market it usually takes a maximum of 2-3 days to complete the questionnaire and then our consultants need a further three days to produce the final report.
How much does it cost?
Like timings, costs also depend on the final scope. There is an initial one-off cost to define the eCommerce Drivers at a company level, but once this is complete, the individual reports are fast & cost-efficient and you can do as many as you want across the entire organization leveraging the same questionnaire.